Our Emergency Dental Service
At Blackburn Dental Group we understand dental emergencies can happen without warning. That’s why we have allocated emergency appointments for new and existing patients every day. If you have a dental concern that you require urgent assessment for, please call us directly at (03) 8847 7400.
We can also assist with a range of other dental emergencies. Please contact us to see how we can help you.
If you experience an injury to the mouth, follow the below steps:
1. If there is loss of consciousness or any airway compromise contact 000 immediately.
2. Where there is significant bleeding, ensure the airway is clear by turning the patient on the side in a recovery position.
3. Control bleeding by applying firm pressure using a sterile dressing or clean tissue.
4. If bleeding is controlled and there are no further airway issues, schedule a dental appointment immediately.
5. If a tooth has been knocked out:
5a. Handle the tooth by the crown only, avoid touching the root surface.
5b. Ask the patient to gently suck it clean or gently rinse in water.
5c. If possible, replace the tooth in the original socket – adult teeth only, do not replace if it’s a baby tooth. Bite on some foil or a cloth to hold the tooth in position and see a dentist urgently.
5d. If the tooth can’t be replaced into the socket, place inside milk and see a dentist immediately.
During Opening Hours
We have allocated a limited number of slots every day for emergency appointments. Please get in touch with us during business hours if you require an emergency appointment.